PDA

View Full Version : Another Bosque Mountain Scene

Joe Senzatimore
12-24-2011, 10:57 AM
For those familiar with Bosque , this was at one of the Crane Pools. Lack of birds dictated that we concentrate on landscapes , which ain't a bad second plan.:tinysmile_shy_t:

200ISO f10 at 1/800th
Cropped to pano in PS

Rachel Hollander
12-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Joe - I like the pano comp, the blue sky against the white mountains and the placement of the tree. I'm wondering if it is a little too sharp.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
12-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Perfect exposure Joe - great DOF and detail throughout. A very appealing image of a scene I am all to familiar with but not looking like this.

Any idea where the birds were?

Joe Senzatimore
12-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Perfect exposure Joe - great DOF and detail throughout. A very appealing image of a scene I am all to familiar with but not looking like this.

Any idea where the birds were?

We were wondering the same thing. We asked at the visitor center and they were'nt sure. We think some of them went to the WR at Bernardo , which is about 15 minutes north of Socorro off I25. We did see birds at Bernardo , but no way of knowing where they flew in from.

Don Lacy
12-27-2011, 07:15 PM
I really like the Pano crop and the tree anchoring the right hand side of the image.

dankearl
12-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Nice photo, Joe, I like the pano.
Good to see you made good use of your time despite the bad luck
With the birds. I thought the scenery there was very nice and you captured it well.

Don Railton
12-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Hi Joe

I don't think you need birds when you have an beautiful scene like this to photograph... I like the pano crop and overall composition but like Rachel I feel it maybe over sharpened. Except for the sky it seems very 'grainy'...

Don

Morkel Erasmus
01-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Nice scene here Joe. I like the layers and the cold feel. The tree adds a nice point of interest.
:tinysmile_shy_t: