Exposure Time = 1/2000 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop = ƒ/9
Exposure Program = shutter priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Exposure Bias (EV) = 0
Metering Mode = pattern / multi-segment
Flash = Flash did not fire
Focal Length = 400 mm

This Harris' Hawk belonging to a falconer buddy of mine gave us some great poses while at a recent trip to Bosque del Apache. I liked this image as I didn't have to clone out any leg straps or bells. I hope you like it!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7007/6561713813_5c61699ed9_o.jpg

Doug Brown
12-27-2011, 08:39 AM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">I've photographed his birds several times too Conrad. I like the sharp eye and the Socorro/Bosque BG. The bird is slightly past you, and I wish the head didn't overlap the far wing. I don't normally photograph captive birds, but I was co-leading a workshop in which we spent an afternoon photographing this Hawk. Here's one of my favorite images from that day. I hope you don't mind me posting an image in your thread; I'm not trying to hijack it! :S3:

106288<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">

Conrad Tan
12-27-2011, 12:23 PM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" height="0" width="0">I've photographed his birds several times too Conrad. I like the sharp eye and the Socorro/Bosque BG. The bird is slightly past you, and I wish the head didn't overlap the far wing. I don't normally photograph captive birds, but I was co-leading a workshop in which we spent an afternoon photographing this Hawk. Here's one of my favorite images from that day. I hope you don't mind me posting an image in your thread; I'm not trying to hijack it! :S3:

106288<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" height="0" width="0">

OH man I don't mind Doug! I too normally don't photograph captive birds, but it was sure a blast to do! Thank you for the critiques sir! I love your image! Hope to meet and shoot with your sometime man!

arash_hazeghi
12-27-2011, 03:34 PM
great shot Conrad, Doug hit the major points. a sweet shot buddy.