PDA

View Full Version : Robin

Jonathan Ashton
12-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS ISO 250 -1.0 1/640 sec f7.1
Hey we had sunshine.... for 90 min, yes it's been dull and grey ever since. This is as near to a Christmas scene as I could manage this year, the robin is our traditional bird associated with winter and Christmas.
All C&C welcome.

gail bisson
12-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi Jonathan,
I love the dark colors in this shot. Good DOF as all the bird is sharp. Love the look back. I am not sure about the composition . I would crop on the right past the first set of berries and then clone out the little lower branch that would then be touching the right edge of frame and add a titch more on the left if you have it.
Still a lovely shot. Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays,
Gail

Melissa Groo
12-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Lovely Christmas shot, Jonathan. You have a nice IQ here and a lovely BG. Would maybe brighten the bird's body just a tad.The comp is tough here as you want to include the berries but robin looking the other way; I think it would be worth giving Gail's suggestions a try.

Linda Dulak
12-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Lovely bird and lovely shot with a look back from the robin. I agree with Gail's suggestion for a crop as I had the same thoughts when I looked at the image. My eye kept going to the lone berry on the right.

Linda

Blake Cook
12-24-2011, 05:53 PM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">Very nice capture and framing. Robins or what are called Robins here on the west coast of Canada are larger and the head colour is grey. The back and wing feathers are grey and the chest a deep red.