PDA

View Full Version : evening over Mt.Cofano Sicily

Valerio Tarone
04-07-2008, 01:26 PM
What do you think? Texture, colours balanced? Comments welcome. some years ago in Sicily. I suppose 35 mm f2,8

Roman Kurywczak
04-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi Valerio,
I love these types of images. Nice to see the tones and layers in this one. My repost uses some local contrast enhancement, noise reduction and a sepia toned filter (this image lends itself to any color/hue. I think you can go in many directions with color in this picture but as is overall.......very nice composition and mood,
Roman
PS After I worked on it and looked close..... and you need to clean up some dust spots

Robert Amoruso
04-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Valerio,

I am going to go with the original tones and hues but Roman is correct that this image can be interpretated many different ways. The local contrast enhancement helped out. I like the composition and the layering of the mountains as it recedes into the BG due to the haze is a perfect example of creating depth in an image. Nice work.

Valerio Tarone
04-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Thank you to both, the sepia filter works well. I think every midst-haze photos have always some 'fairy' aspect.

David Kennedy
04-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Valerio,
I might suggest a crop from the bottom to keep the eyes from wandering too far (I thought the lowermost section was distracting), as well as a slight boost in contrast with curves. Not sure about Roman's coloring--I like the cool colors myself.