PDA

View Full Version : White Rose

denise ippolito
12-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Processed with Nik Color Efex Vignette Blur Filter and a curve adjustment in PS. Cropped slightly for composition. I was going to turn the image slightly to a diagonal but decided I liked the line of color going on the diagonal down- if that makes sense :S3:.

Brendan Dozier
12-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Really nicely done, Denise! Like the angle, beautiful light, soft tones and texture. Nice warmth to the whites, and just the right amount of blur/softening with the Nik filter. It almost looks like it is made of frosting. The diagonal line of color makes sense, and if you turned the image, it would have been too horizontal. The only minor thing I might consider is lightening the darker area in the LRC just a little bit. Great looking composition.

Steve Adkins
12-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Love the soft delicate effects, Denise. The warmth of the whites is very appealing. :S3:

denise ippolito
12-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Really nicely done, Denise! Like the angle, beautiful light, soft tones and texture. Nice warmth to the whites, and just the right amount of blur/softening with the Nik filter. It almost looks like it is made of frosting. The diagonal line of color makes sense, and if you turned the image, it would have been too horizontal. The only minor thing I might consider is lightening the darker area in the LRC just a little bit. Great looking composition.

Brendan, Thank you for the kind words. I agree about the LRC good point-thanks.
Steve, thank you for the kind words.

Indranil Sircar
12-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Denise, I like this close-up perspective a lot! Beautiful colors with the frosted effect. Excellent composition!

Stu Bowie
12-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi Denise, well exposed to have brought out the fine texture of the petals, and just love the hint of soft yellows. I also like the curves of the petals going in towards the centre of the rose. Love your work. :w3

Gus Hallgren
12-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi Denise;

Beautiful, soft and lovely tones creating a very pleasing presentation. Well done as usual..

Gus

Nancy Bell
12-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Denise, You are superb at soft & delicate! Love those lines that curve in towards the center and having the yellows emphasize that. What about a tiny sliver off the top? Those curves and the yellows draw my eye up and then I end up in all that OOF bkgd.

Andrew McLachlan
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Beautifully composed Denise, I love the soft focus and the yellow tone between the petals. Very, very nice! :S3:

denise ippolito
12-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Thank you all for the kind comments.
Nancy, Thanks, I don't want to lose that one curled petal. Happy Holidays!!

Hilary Hann
12-25-2011, 08:18 PM
What a beautifully rich and soft image. Wouldn't change a thing.