PDA

View Full Version : Greenfinch

Jonathan Ashton
12-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS ISO 1250 -0.3 1/500 sec f4.5
Yet again weather and light has been absolutely rubbish but I decided I would have a go anyway.
Another garden shot but from a a different hide this time, as ever all C & C welcome.

Ofer Levy
12-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Nice pose and sharp. Colours are a bit on the cool side.

Jim Crosswell
12-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Nice image Jonathan! I like the pose, open beak and perch. I would try an image with a smaller diameter mossy perch.

gail bisson
12-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Great pose and tack sharp. Lichens are beautiful. Would warm the colors just a titch,
Gail

Stu Bowie
12-21-2011, 04:03 AM
Hey Jon, nothing wrong with the results you achieved here, considering your conditions. Classic pose, open beak, sharp, and that lichen covered perch adds so much. I really like the colours on the little guy, and as Im not familiar with the greenfinch, would increasing the saturation on him work better? Your BG is also so complimentary to the finch. I realise with setups, having a good BG helps a lot - what is your BG? Cheers.

Jonathan Ashton
12-21-2011, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the C&C everyone, I have had another look at the image it does look better warmed up a bit. Stu, saturation wouldn't work as I already had to desaturate the yellows, but increasing exposure a tad helped. I just didn't consider it in view of the dull conditions in which it was taken. The background is camo material, I have a few different patterns. I pin it against the fence or onto a large bird table (for mobility) depending upon where required.

Stu Bowie
12-21-2011, 08:28 AM
The background is camo material, I have a few different patterns.

Very clever. It sure worked in this image.