PDA

View Full Version : 2 yellowlegs - high key

allanrube
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
It is cold this morning so I decided to look back at some images taken this fall. This one of 2 yellowlegs was taken 2 months ago on an overcast morning.
D300s 600VR with 1.4tc. 1/200 at f/10 - iso 320. Lightened the bg a bit a cloned out a few ripples.

Sachin Saraf
12-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Looking at thumbnail I thought you presented some sort of comparison...Loved the pose of both birds and those straws of grass next to each birds really adds to this image...TFS

Randy Stout
12-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Allan:

Very graphic quality to the image, presents well.

I would probably pull a light frame around it to provide some separation from the page.

I might try a version without the grasses on the far right. They are a pretty strong element because of the contrast, and my eye keeps wandering over there, rather than on the birds. The middle grass doesn't have that same effect on me.

Cheers

Randy

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Alan, switched to Blackend style to fully appreciate this one. I suggest others do that as well.

stunning composition. the perfectly symmetrical poses are awesome. well seen and executed with that f-stop. I am fine with the two grass blades on the right....but I think cloning brought in that one extra small piece there.

Dave Leroy
12-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Blackened style does make a big difference. I still like the idea of a thin border.

Well seen and executed. A unique opportunity for sure. I had wondered about taking out the reflections and I could go either way. Very simple and effective. Good catch on the possible cloning extra.

Daniel Cadieux
12-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Graphically striking, and I like the matching resting poses. I agree with Randy to try a version without the righthand side grasses. I do wish the reflections were stronger.

allanrube
12-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Taking suggestions into account vola! :S3:

arash_hazeghi
12-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Excellent! when I first saw this image I thought you have posted the same YL twice! it is amazing how identical the poses are. the two little grass pairs are also identical and anchor the photo nicely.

Excellent stuff, it's a wall hanger!