PDA

View Full Version : Goldfinch

Jonathan Ashton
12-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS Tripod head ISO 640 +0.67 1/320 sec f6.3
I processed slightly differently, this time I made colour corrections is ACR, adjusting the yellows and reds using the HSL settings and then rechecking using the black slider whilst pressing Alt.
All C & C welcome.

Stu Bowie
12-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi Jon, super comp with good placement in the frame. The goldfinch is really sharp, and I like the lichen on the perch. Killer BG too.

Randy Stout
12-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Jonathan:

The soft light really helped here, allowing good detail in most areas. I do think the image could go a bit brighter, perhaps 1/4 stop or so. I like the lichens, esp. the yellows that match the color in the wing.

There is a sharp edged rectangular shape above the top of the perch on the left end. Might want to smooth that out.

Cheers

Randy

Dave Leroy
12-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Lovely soft light. I really like the perch and nice ha. It would have been realy nice of the little finch to flick its tail up a bit. I like the idea of a just a bit brighter on perch and Goldfinch. Well done on the processing.

gail bisson
12-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Very nice! Ticks all the boxes- good comp. tack sharp, lovely perch. I would clone out the little branches that are sticking up in LLC
Gail

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Excellent IQ, composition and BG. Killer perch. I liked this one a lot.....well done.

Lorant Voros
12-19-2011, 04:01 PM
I agree with brightening the image. For the rest it is awesome. Love the perch, colors, BG and pose. Well done.

Lorant

Daniel Cadieux
12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Jonathan, great subject and love the perch...like Randy, I really dig the yellow lichen matching the wingbars. Very nice BG, and a good profile pose from the goldfinch. I agree the image is a tad dark, and I find it very blue. For the repost I brightened the midtones and highlights in "Levels", and warmed up the WB via Selective Color (added yellow and red to taste).

Riju Bhattacharya
12-20-2011, 07:43 AM
A lovely bird...and a lovely shot! I love the fact that you can almost feel the softness of the feathers here... :t3

Jonathan Ashton
12-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks for all the C&C, I like the repost, I have to admit it didn't occur to me to brighten it up becasue it was taken on such a dull day.