PDA

View Full Version : Spider

Dave Leroy
12-18-2011, 12:48 PM
I just posted this one in BugGuide so should have a confirmation of ID soon.
Photo taken back in August not far from home in an overgrown country field. 7D, 100mm macro at 1/125, f/8, Av, ISO800. Same issues as my other recent spider post of oof bits and pieces.

BugGuide had id'd as Spider - Enoplognatha ovata

They are very fast and thanks Jules and Ken for questioning my id.

Julie Kenward
12-20-2011, 08:02 PM
I would never question the ID as I wouldn't have a clue if you were right or not...that HAD to be Ken! :bg3:

the ONLY thing I don't really like about this image is the one very OOF leg that looks like it starts right in the middle of the body; everything else is so beautiful! I would also wish for a little more DOF on the other legs but you sure got that body and face where it needs to be!

Dave Leroy
12-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks Jules. Yes, I know that oof leg bothered me more than the others in the first post. Sometimes you just don't know until you post them!:S3:

Ravi Hirekatur
12-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Beautiful image with nice composition. Agree with Jules on OOF leg.

Steve Maxson
12-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi Dave. The colors and patterning on the abdomen of this spider are beautiful! I like the simple comp and the slight diagonal is a plus. I would agree about the one leg that covers part of the abdomen. I would love to see this at f/16, but you didn't have much wiggle room with SS and ISO to pull that off without using flash. Well done!

Galliani Carlo
12-23-2011, 03:28 AM
very good image with beatiful colour and good composition
I think F16 was better. She was 1 / 125 and you could do some shooting at F16 although iso were high

Ken Childs
12-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey Dave, your exposure looks good and the colors on this spider are awesome!....I see why you spent time 'chasing' it down! I suggest that next time, after getting a few shots with natural light, you try a few at f16 and add some flash and and see what you get. :S3: