PDA

View Full Version : Another house

Jay Sheinfield
12-16-2011, 05:52 PM
These steps and castings had a Gothic feel. I went Low Key, Glow and multiple layers of Tonal Contrast for effect. Comments welcome.........

Dennis Bishop
12-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I think black & white, particularly, depends a lot on personal preference and vision. B&W seems like a good choice for this image. It appears that you wanted to emphasis the building and those incredible lions (I've never seen anything like them, before). However, there's a ton of texture hidden in the shadows. I'd lighten the vegetation at least a little to bring out what's there. The door has a lot, too, and I'd show it, for sure.

Dave Woeller
12-17-2011, 08:38 AM
I really like the use of B&W for this image. I think the overall feel is really nice and fits the image. I might like to see how some of the thoughts from Dennis, above, would change the feel.

denise ippolito
12-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Jay, This has a great feel! Love the use of Tonal Contrast. I might reduce the glow slightly on the top of the square concrete blocks (not sure what they are called) behind the lions if it were mine. It does have a gothic look. Nice job!:S3:

Steve Adkins
12-18-2011, 03:02 PM
I like your treatment of this image very much, Jay. The lions have a life of their own and the concrete/door structures add to the mood. Might be interesting to enhance the foliage/window detail a bit, but it is great as it is. :S3:

Jay Sheinfield
12-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback folks, looks like I have some work to do.:S3:

Anita Bower
12-19-2011, 06:12 AM
You processed this image just right! I like the results very much. Doorways are such wonderful subjects and you captured this one nicely.