PDA

View Full Version : ***A Ghost Apparition***

Yves Guillot
12-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone!

After a very busy fall, here I am back to bird photography with this Red Morph Eastern Screech Owl AND what seems to to be a Ghost Apparition of a Gray Morph Eastern Screech Owl behind the red one.

Taken in Montreal on Monday afternoon. A friend of mine was videotaping this Owl when the Ghost appeared in the back of it. But my friend was not even aware of it and was unable to see it because of his angle of view. I was privileged to be able to take this shot since the «apparition» lasted only a few seconds.

When I showed the pictures to my skeptical friend, he joked by asking me if I had Photoshop in my camera...

But be reassured : this is NOT a PS shot! :w3

http://www.pbase.com/photosnature/image/140305565/original.jpg

Canon EOS 7D Canon IS 600 mm 1:4.0 + TC 2X III - 1/60s f/8.0 iso800 Full Frame

C&C are welcome! :bg3:

Randy Stout
12-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Yves:

An intriguing picture. The front birds head being tipped up and obscuring the eyes a bit is unfortunate, but the rear bird adds much to the story, and makes you wonder what is going on.

The crop is quite tight, but works to play up the impact of the back bird.

I might try a version with the exposure 1/4 stop greater.

Cheers

Randy

PS: Be sure to comment on other folks images, it helps train your eye and really helps build a sense of community here on BPN!

Dan Busby
12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Terrific story Yves. This is a very captivating image. If only the front owl would have looked down a bit ....

Arthur Morris
12-15-2011, 07:28 PM
A cool juxtaposition. With the relatively steep angle to the birds having them both looking up was most unfortunate..... The "red" phase bird does not look very red at all.