PDA

View Full Version : Rio Grande New Mexico

gary rouleau
04-06-2008, 09:46 PM
While out looking for Porcupine along the Rio i spotted this beautiful setting.

Canon EOS-1D Mark II N
Lens (mm): 600
ISO: 320
Aperture: 5.6
Shutter: 1/500
Exp. Comp.: 0.0

cheers
gary

Roman Kurywczak
04-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi Gary,
Overall I think it is a very pleasing scene. I would definitely take some time to (clean up) get rid of some of the highlights/stuff on the water. The stick perpendicular into the water is adding to the composition but the OOF ones from the right are not but are easily fixed.
Roman

Alfred Forns
04-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Gary I like your idea a lot Only need better water? So much going on in the water it overpowers the image !!!!

Robert Amoruso
04-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Gary,

The things I like most about this image is the color of light and the multi-colored leafs on the branches. You got low to create this and that's good - makes it much more interesting getting at eye-level with the subject.

The OOF area in the front is distracting and the water is not too clean. My recommendation here would have been to stay vertical but aim the camera up and concentrate on the FG branches and let the BG go OOF.

Roger Clark
04-07-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm a little disturbed by the views of fix it in post processing. It would take less time overall to have gotten it right in the camera in the first place and it would've been a stronger image. So the scene should have been imaged with a much smaller aperture (f/16, f/22) but with the 600 mm focal length, it may have been tough to get the whole scene in sharp focus. In that case a couple of extra frames with foreground and background in focus, then merged later (digital mosaicking software like PTGui can do it well).
Roger