PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise on the Mountain

Joe Senzatimore
12-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Took this image last week in Bosque. Some of the coldest weather I have ever experienced caused the birds to alter their normal behavior and not produce the normal AM activity. So I turned my attention to some landscape photography. I have tried to create a "layer" effect with foreground , middle ground and distance. Not sure if I achived this so I look forward to the advise of those who shoot landscapes regularly. Thanks in advance.

800ISO f8 at 1/250th

Dennis Bishop
12-14-2011, 11:24 AM
. . . I have tried to create a "layer" effect with foreground , middle ground and distance. Not sure if I achived this so I look forward to the advise of those who shoot landscapes regularly. . .

My first thought when I saw the thumbnail was that this has a nice layered look. You did a nice job with composition, too. The far side of the road and the bottom of the hills in the background fall right on the horizontal divine proportion lines. It's too bad you didn't get the morning bird activity you wanted, but you did come up with a good alternative.

Robert Amoruso
12-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Joe,

I think you did an exceptional job composing this - yes it is well layered. But more then that, you placed the major elements of the image well; including the tree on right.

I like the flow of the mountains to the distance trees to the large tree - it adds to the depth of the image.

Colors are fantastic. About the only thing that could improve it, IMO would have been to have the immediate FG frost-laden bushes more even across the top (note dip on right side). A minor issue to be sure so don't sweat it.

Well done.

Craig Kerr
12-17-2011, 12:11 PM
A wonderful landscape image, layering effect achieved beautifully :S3:
Birr, Looks very cold out there

Morkel Erasmus
12-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Robert summed it up nicely - very well composed and I can feel the early morning frost here Joe...:5

Joe Senzatimore
12-17-2011, 07:16 PM
A wonderful landscape image, layering effect achieved beautifully :S3:
Birr, Looks very cold out there

Yeah ,minus 9:eek3: