PDA

View Full Version : Song Sparrow

Robert Holguin
12-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Hello everyone. While waitng and hoping for a bewick wren to appear from some bushes. This little guy came out. It was not concern about my presence and came pretty close to me. It was pretty cloudy and this shot was taken with just a tad of sunlight. Close to being FF. I cropped a tad from the top and left and added canvas at the bottom.
C&C welcomed and encouraged.
Camera - Nikon 300s, Lense - Nikon 300 F4 w/1.7 tc, Exposure - 1/400, Aperture - F9, ISO - 320, Focal Length 750mm, Metering - Multi Segment, Manual.

<!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Jamie Douglas
12-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Nice low angle Robert but I think this could be sharpened a touch. Did you use a bean bag or anything for support?

Robert Holguin
12-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Hello Jamie. Thanks for the comments. I had the lense resting on my car window.
I went back and gave it another round of sharpening.

Jamie Douglas
12-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Hello Jamie. Thanks for the comments. I had the lense resting on my car window.
I went back and gave it another round of sharpening.

You are welcome Robert :cheers:. Additional sharpening has definetly added more feather detail and improved the detail to the right of the eye. Congrats.

dankearl
12-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Cool pose in an unusual setting.
The repost looks very good.

Stu Bowie
12-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Hi Robert, Im glad you went vertical, as it suits the pose. Good low angle, HA, and the colours of the BG compliment the sparrow nicely. You have done very well with the repost - looks so much better.

Karl Egressy
12-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Nice close encounter with this bird, Robert. I like the second version with more sharpening, giving more details.
It is interesting that the bird looks slightly different from the Song Sparrow he have here. It could be a juvenile.

Brian E. Small
12-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Robert,

Your bird is actually a basic plumage Lark Bunting............hope this helps.

Robert Holguin
12-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated.

Brian - thank you for the id I was not sure on the id. Much appreciated.