PDA

View Full Version : Negative of A Touch of Green

Judy Howle
12-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Something different! I took the base image and used the Negative preset of Adjust. I'd tried it before but wasn't impressed. I kinda liked this one.

Dennis Bishop
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I think you hit on something good, here, Judy. It has a very engaging painterly look which I like very much. I'm sitting here with a copy of the original open in Photoshop on one monitor and the negative open in BPN on the other. I'd never have guessed that my eyes would be held in the image to the same extent with the lighter framing of the negative, but they sure are. The strong circular composition sees to that. I suppose the general changes in colors and tone levels should have been predictable, but it's interesting to look at these side by side and learn from them.

Indranil Sircar
12-12-2011, 08:56 PM
This is interesting, Judy. I have always wondered how best to use the negative preset and here you are with a fine example. Very artistic and I like it a lot!

Judy Howle
12-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks Dennis! I like the painterly look and the blues really stand out. I did tweak it a little from the default preset to make it a little darker and I also painted a little more off-white around the edges to give more of a vignette effect.

Judy Howle
12-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks Indranil! I will try this on other leaf images. I tried it on a couple but they weren't as interesting as this one. I think pumping up the saturation like it was in the previous post helps the negative look color-wise.

Christopher Miller
12-12-2011, 09:33 PM
This is way cool, Judy! It reminds me of the view through a microscope. The negative look transformed it into a very pleasing abstract work of art. :S3:

Maureen Allen
12-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Very nicely done, Judy. I might try lightening the upper brown leaf and the green one on the left just a bit to see how that looks. Great idea to use the negative preset with this. :S3:

Judy Howle
12-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks Christopher!

Judy Howle
12-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks Maureen. Good suggestion if I have time to check it out.

denise ippolito
12-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Judy, A great change up for these! Very nicely done and the inverted look is a great idea.:S3:

Jay Sheinfield
12-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Hey Judy, Very cool inversion. Different look to it. I really like the ring of light tones bordering the image.

Judy Howle
12-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks Denise and Jay! It is a fun image for me.

Andrew McLachlan
12-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi Judy, this is a really cool way to create alternate versions of your already impressive leaf collections. Nicely done!