PDA

View Full Version : The Young Lioness

RakeshDhareshwar
12-12-2011, 01:49 AM
A very active young lioness at the Masai Mara . Contrary to what our guide said that the Mara lions are lazy esp, during the migration , this individual had boundless energy !!! She was doing all the kinds of 'mischief' possible to ensure that her brothers and sisters join in the fun .

Camera : Canon 1D MK III
Lens : Canon 600mm f4 IS
Aperture : f 9
Shutters : 1/400
Speed : ISO 400

Cheers,
Rakesh

Marc Mol
12-12-2011, 05:03 AM
Love the mischievous pose with curled tongue here Rakesh, have done a quick repost using a lumo mask @ 50% opacity, giving it a bit more contrast and depth.
TFS

Ken Watkins
12-12-2011, 05:17 AM
Rakesh,

Got to love that tongue, I think your OP lacks a little in "oomph", Marc's repost has resulted in something similar to what I would have done:cheers:

Harshad Barve
12-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Terrific image RD , nice healthy girl and that tongue here , I am also re-posting :t3
TFS

Steve Kaluski
12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi Rakesh, this has an almost, 'delicate' feel to it, with its fine detail.

Would suggest a slight tweak in Exposure and then some in Levels, not much, just enough for the image to have a bit more depth to it, but do not apply to the face area. Also watch your files, I think you may find this is RGB, not sRGB and when opened in PS there is a hint of red coming through compared to the OP, Marcs is going in the right direction, but illustrates the slight red warmth to it.

TFS
Steve

Tom Graham
12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Agree, I see red in original. Harshad's repost best - so far :S3:
Tom

Morkel Erasmus
12-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Some good suggestions all round, Rakesh...

One question - are you SURE this was a female? I mean, did you inspect the "tools"? The reason I ask is that the lion looks quite 'stocky' and there seems to be a semblance of an emerging mane around its neck? Or am I just tired?? :eek3:

RakeshDhareshwar
12-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah ! Harshad's repost looks perfect . But here is the dilemma . I remember processing it perfectly and taking out any casts .
So , I opened this same image in PS and there was no cast . I used 'Save as ' for saving the file after converting it to 8 bit sRGB , and the file it saves still has a red cast . I had saved the earlier one with 'Save for Web' command . Any possible explanation for this ?

@ Morkel : Did'nt check the tools , dude . Went with what the guide told me . Maybe he had checked it .

Vivaldo Damilano
12-13-2011, 05:28 AM
Also love the tongue, repost look great with a little more contrast TFS :cheers: :cheers:

Morkel Erasmus
12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
@ Morkel : Did'nt check the tools , dude . Went with what the guide told me . Maybe he had checked it .

All good...better trust the guide's judgement as he knows the animals in his neck of the woods...:bg3:...was just commenting on how it looked to me :w3