PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to the Pond.

Karl Egressy
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
I took this picture from the flight deck at Busque.
The time was 4:43 PM, just before sunset or maybe just after sunset I'm not quite sure.
Thanks for looking.

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Manual Exposure
Tv 1/800
Av 5.6
ISO Speed 400
EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Tripod, Wimberley

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Amazing sunset glow. Ialso like the design of the bg lines and great detail on the cranes

Clemens Vanderwerf
12-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Karl, nice crane trio all in the same plane for sharpness (usually there is one out of focus). The wing positions of the two top birds are not ideal, and I would have loved to see the bottom bird in the blue water instead of on the divide between water and grass. That would also have kept the bottom strip clean as well. Very difficult to get it all right!

Stu Bowie
12-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Karl, it doesnt really matter if this was captured, just before, or just after sunset, the light and colours are exquisite. Good DOF to cover all three cranes, and maybe its a good thing the middle crane is gliding. If his wings were raised, he may have overlapped with the top crane. Good layered BG.

Sachin Saraf
12-12-2011, 12:52 PM
What a beautiful capture...Love the light, the placement of three birds in frame and BG...TFS

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Karl, loved this shot...the light and habitat are great. takes me right into the scene. Good job covering all three as much as you could have in the field. I think some more selective sharpening helps here. I have taken the liberty and did that...here is the repost. Let me know if you like this better.

Karl Egressy
12-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Karl, loved this shot...the light and habitat are great. takes me right into the scene. Good job covering all three as much as you could have in the field. I think some more selective sharpening helps here. I have taken the liberty and did that...here is the repost. Let me know if you like this better.105543

Wow, Kaustubh, I'm truly impressed.
I did not know that I had such a nice picture, (with your help of course.)
I'll try to do the same on my own just to see.
Thanks a lot, great help.

Jim Crosswell
12-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Beautiful image Karl! I like the lighting, setting, colours and that you have three in the image. Kaustubh repost brings out the potential.

gail bisson
12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
You sure are getting around Karl! The light is superb and the OP is excellent and Kaustaubh's repost shows it to it's full potential. Well done. I do concur with Clemens opinion re:bottom bird intersecting the two layers but would not have thought of it on my own,
Gail