PDA

View Full Version : Lafeyette Square, St. Louis.

Jay Sheinfield
12-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Another walking the dog image, in this picturesque restored township.

Very light Simplify BZ, I didn't want too much "webbing" to obscure the houses in the background. Tonal Contrast applied. I cropped a bit off the right to get rid of some edge distractions, and cleared away a bit of tree that obscured the front door. Not much else...........Hope you like it........Not sure if the LLC fence is a distraction............:S3:

Dennis Bishop
12-10-2011, 11:27 PM
This is bright and cheerful. With all the verticals, it looks like shooting a vertical was the way to go. And those verticals are really vertical. Did it come out of the camera that way, or did you make that happen on the computer? Depending on what's above the top, I might wish the shot had been taken a bit higher to include the tops of the second story windows and the rest of the roof on the red house. I don't find the fence a detraction at all.

Jay Sheinfield
12-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Dennis, thanks. I maxed out my lens at 24mm, but I could have raised the camera a bit. I should have taken a couple of photos at different views. My walk around lens is the 24-120mm f/4. Love it, but it has considerable distortion. I use both Transform and Puppet Warp to straighten it out. Puppet Warp is pretty cool feature for fine tuning distortion.

Indranil Sircar
12-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Jay, nice and colorful composition! I like the position of the tree and the flow of the branches. Very nice simplify effect. I too do not see the fence as a distraction.

Cheryl Slechta
12-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Jay, I like it just the way it is.:S3: Lovely colors and I like the subtle Simplify effect. It looks like a nice place to take a walk.

Maureen Allen
12-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I'd like to follow you and your dog around :S3:

This is a lovely image, Jay. The colors are beautiful and the perspective is wonderful. I wouldn't change a thing.

Dennis Bishop
12-11-2011, 03:07 PM
. . . I use both Transform and Puppet Warp to straighten it out. Puppet Warp is pretty cool feature for fine tuning distortion.

Thanks for the Puppet Warp tip. I'll have to give that a try.

Jay Sheinfield
12-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the Puppet Warp tip. I'll have to give that a try.

Make sure you anchor the surrounding area with pins so you move only the area you want................otherwise it will rotate on you and get all fouled up/ It takes some practice.:S3:

denise ippolito
12-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Jay, I love the feel of this one and the tree looks terrific. I'm not bothered by the fence at all. Nice job with the filtering!

Andrew McLachlan
12-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi Jay, I like this one a lot. The colors are lovely. Nicely seen!

Judy Howle
12-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Very nice composition and filtering. I like the yellow and red colors in the flowers and leaves.

Jay Sheinfield
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks everyone.............

Maureen, you are certainly welcome to join me and Max the dog. Long trip for a walk though. :S3: