PDA

View Full Version : Book printing recommendations

Gyorgy Szimuly
04-06-2008, 05:56 PM
I am considering to order calendars and a portfolio book of my images online.
Just wonder which service you find reliable and reasonable priced?

As I have .Mac subscription I am thinking to try Apple's service.
Anyone has an experience?

Any comments are highly appreciated.

Szimi

Alfred Forns
04-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Hi Szimi I can only give feedback from the Apple book Have done several and have no complaints Only had on image which did not match the one submitted and maybe I did something funny with the color space?

Do take your time for the layout and will come up with a winner !!!

Sandra Nykerk
04-07-2008, 10:27 AM
I have seen several books from blurb.com and they have all been quite nice. Helped a friend put one together and we are both quite pleased. It needs just a little tweaking before we order more. Easy to use software with several nice templates and really good customer support. From everything I've read, they're about the best out there -- claims are that the printers they are using deliver a better product than both IBook and lulu.com. I'll be doing several for myself as soon as I can find the computer time. Give them a looksee.

Robert Amoruso
04-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Though I have not used them I have read good reviews about blurb.com.

Don Kates
04-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Another vote for blurb.com. I've printed several and my wife sometimes uses them for a low cost wedding/portrait book for customers. Book pics are right on as long as you have a calibrated monitor. Layout software is pretty easy to use. My only complaint is that the hardcover books only come with a jacket, rather than images/text printed right on the cover. After a while, the jackets will start to show some wear.

Maxis Gamez
04-08-2008, 05:10 AM
I've made few books with Blur.com. Quality is there and the product is very good.

Steve Berkowitz
04-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I've made books with Shutterfly and MPIX and both came out very well although the colors were a little better with Shutterfly.

Gyorgy Szimuly
04-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Anyone made a test with different service providers of the same product?
I just want to be sure to offer the best :)

Szimi

Jim Poor
06-26-2008, 10:56 AM
I know this is a little late, but it might help someone who comes along. The PhotoWalPro blog is running a series on book printing comparing several different options. I think it is a once a week thing, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

http://www.revellphotography.com/blog/