PDA

View Full Version : Capitol Building-400 Mpixels

arash_hazeghi
12-10-2011, 02:33 AM
I made this image while in DC last week. I only had a few hours for "photography" so I decided to do some giga-pans. This image is made of 20 frames stitched. the original file before cropping is about 400 mpixels!

Here is a larger version (6000 pixels), it may take a few minutes to load depending on your network bandwidth.

http://ari1982.smugmug.com/Panorama/pano/10758501_pvs8rM#1624759979_Gtsgs99-O-LB

Roman Kurywczak
12-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Pretty wild Arash! My first thought was it needed a bit of CW rotation but the tree looks pretty good. I'm not the biggest fan of square comps and as the LH side has the branched intruding.....for personal taste I would crop there and remove them....taking the capitol building off center too in the process. Light looks very good and thanks for hsaring the technique!

arash_hazeghi
12-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Pretty wild Arash! My first thought was it needed a bit of CW rotation but the tree looks pretty good. I'm not the biggest fan of square comps and as the LH side has the branched intruding.....for personal taste I would crop there and remove them....taking the capitol building off center too in the process. Light looks very good and thanks for hsaring the technique!

Thanks Roman,you are right, this shot is not meant to be very artistic, it is just a showcase of the gigapan technique, the original is more than 17,000 pixels wide. I didn't pay much attention to composition and various distracting elements that are present. I will post something more interesting soon.

Brendan Dozier
12-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Interesting technique, Arash, nice light and exposure. For a second I thought that might be a bird on the very top of the capitol. :bg3: Look forward to seeing more of this technique from you.

Robert Amoruso
12-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I agree that a CW rotation is needed.

I might suggest some local contrast enhancement to bring out all that detail - to make it pop.