PDA

View Full Version : Composition

bhavya joshi
12-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Common Fly Composition... Add sepia tone.. Little cropping.
With Canon 550D, 100mm macro.
F:6.3
SS:1/320
ISO:400
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304108_304101592953237_100000601962672_1180562_387 361386_n.jpg

Galliani Carlo
12-09-2011, 04:58 AM
interesting shots, I would try to open some 'shadows

Dave Leroy
12-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Interesting composition. I might take a bit off bottom even as a pano type crop. Focus looks really good. I am curious about the bg and if the pixalation is intentional or not or even if that is what it is?

Jerry van Dijk
12-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Lovely sepia effect and I really like the way the light falls on the subject. I would crop a little closer around the fly to lose some of the empty space in the UL corner.

bhavya joshi
12-10-2011, 12:59 AM
Interesting composition. I might take a bit off bottom even as a pano type crop. Focus looks really good. I am curious about the bg and if the pixalation is intentional or not or even if that is what it is?

Thanks Dave for comment..I Did not understand your question... Will you Pl repeat it...

Dave Leroy
12-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi Bhavya and thanks for getting back to me,

In the bg where there is a transition from a lighter area to a darker area there is an blotchy like appearance. It is like pixelation. It does not appear as a smooth gradation from one tone to another but seems to have lots of tiny squares in it. I was curious if this was an intentional part of the sepia toning or a byproduct of downsizing and/or post processing.

I hope I have it now and if not please let me know. Looking forward to your response.

OvidiuCavasdan
12-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Very interesting, I like the idea, I would like it tighter, sharpness looks good. Agree about the BG. I find the lover bright leaf edge distracting.

Julie Kenward
12-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Joshi, I love the sepia tone you added to this - it really gives it a deep, mysterious feel. I also saw the pixelated area in the LLC - I'd drop that down so it covers up the blotchiness.

Another suggestion would be to remove some of the sepia from the catchlight in the eyes and some of the wings just to give it another level of depth and a small amount of pure white in the image.

bhavya joshi
12-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi Bhavya and thanks for getting back to me,

In the bg where there is a transition from a lighter area to a darker area there is an blotchy like appearance. It is like pixelation. It does not appear as a smooth gradation from one tone to another but seems to have lots of tiny squares in it. I was curious if this was an intentional part of the sepia toning or a byproduct of downsizing and/or post processing.

I hope I have it now and if not please let me know. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks Dave For reply... I agree About Pixelation.. But this was not done intentionally... I think When I cropped little bit and apply sepia tone with darken, pixelation will be pop up...but I Intentional make the image sepia... Before I was Thinking B/w on it but it doesn't works.. I apply sepia tone, and darken the image so I get darker color... I lose my Backup original image..so for these we can compare...Hope this help..:S3:

And Thanks Julie For suggested.. I will try to take out extra color shade.

Brendan Dozier
12-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Very nice composition, Joshi. Love the simplicity, and how light falls on fly and leaf, bringing out fine detail and texture. Sepia works well. Some good suggestions to make it even stronger. Nice work!

Steve Maxson
12-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi Joshi. Lots of good comments above. I like the dramatic lighting and the sepia toning. I would suggest cropping a little off the left to tighten the comp. This is well done!