PDA

View Full Version : OSP with kill (Graphic)

Kiran Khanzode
12-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Saw this Ovambo Sparrowhawk (Juvi, perhaps) with a dove kill at mid-day in Tanzania one day.
For whatever reason, the web version is not showing the real IQ, but it should entertain a few.:cheers:

Canon 1DMk4, 600mm f/8. ISO 640.

Regards,
Kiran

Stu Bowie
12-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Kiran, you certainly captured what this image is all about. I like the pose of the sparrowhawk on the speckled pigeon ( not a dove :w3 ) as if no one is going to take away his catch. I find the detail on the SHawk good enough- maybe posting a larger version will also help with IQ. Adding more space on each end will work too.

Kiran Khanzode
12-09-2011, 12:40 AM
You can tell I am not a bird photog, Stuart...can't you ? :t3:cheers:

gail bisson
12-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Incredible shot. I like the fact that I can see the head and eye of the pigeon. I would add more canvas to the right and brighten the picture a touch. I would tone down the white line just above the trunk as well.
A very unique capture,
Gail

Ken Watkins
12-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Kirhan,

Great moment captured here, IQ looks OK to me.:cheers::cheers:

Dave Leroy
12-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Certainly a graphic shot of life in the wild. I don't think you could have gotten any better head angles than these two. I really like the nice dof as well.

Jonathan Ashton
12-09-2011, 11:06 AM
A very nice shot, I agree there is something adrift with the image - possibly some compression artefact - it seems most apparent to me on the pigeon and the log - slightly retractile almost over sharpened. For me just a tad tight in the frame.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Wow great moment for sure but always feel bad for the other guy :(. Nice eye contact too.

Dumay de Boulle
12-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Very nice sighting, very gory:Whoa!: Comp is very tight and the sharpening is a tad much...Great perch and BG though!

Don Lacy
12-09-2011, 06:01 PM
HI Kiran, The major problem with the image as posted is over sharpening I could not fix that in PS the second issue is the image at least on my monitor is to dark and needed a mid tone adjustment I also decided to lighten the breast and underside of the hawk to even out the tonalities with the rest of the image.