12-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Taken at Andrew Haydon Park in Ottawa Ontario
D300s + Sigma 150-500mm
1/1000 @ f8
ISO 320
220mm

Arthur Morris
12-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Love teh landing pose. Love everything about this one but the far shoreline that is a bit distracting.... Not much you could have done about that. The bird could go a bit darker. Thanks a stack for your membership support!

Jeff Sorbie
12-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the comments Artie. I have darkened the bird abit here.

Arthur Morris
12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
YAW and better.

Daniel Cadieux
12-06-2011, 11:13 AM
If this was taken on Saturday we must have crossed paths as I was busy photographing the scaups there:S3:

Nice landing image, Nice details on the wing. It was sure fun watching them crash through the ice....

Jeff Sorbie
12-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Daniel, Were you the fellow laying down by the waters edge of the East pond? If yes I was thinking that was you...I was just down the bank from you sitting (as low as I go LOL) by the same pond. It was fun watching those Scaups diving in front of us and the Geese landing...sliding..and finally cracking the ice. I look forward to intruducing myself next time when we have a chance. This was the first real nice day I had to try out my new Nikon and lens. They work great.

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Jeff, you nailed the wings and perfect landing angle. Loved the feet....great timing. This would have been much better with more BG blur. Opening up would have helped but the field of view of 220mm covers a lot of BG....and am not familiar with the bokeh this lens produces.

Daniel Cadieux
12-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Jeff, yes that was me. As you could see I like get low!! At first the ground was frozen and all was good, but after a while my body heat thawed the ground...I got very wet, muddy, and soiled with goose stuff:eek3:. I'm sure we'll cross paths again with an opportunity to meet...

I'll post a scaup or two...stay tuned!

Jeff Sorbie
12-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the comments Kaustubh. It is a new lens for me and from all I have read it is the sharpeat @ f8. Hopefully we will get some more sunny weekends when I can get out an experiment with it a bit more.

Daniel, I look forward to crosing paths some day, hopefully before you are covered in mud and goose stuff... :S3: I look forward to seeing some Scaup photo's from you.