PDA

View Full Version : Balanced Rock. Arches NP

Douglas Bolt
01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Canon 5D, Sigma 12-24 @14, f22, 1.3 sec., ISO 200, FF.
Looking for comments.

doug

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 08:55 PM
The leading lines in the image to the rock work exceptionally well. Though the rock is a bit centered, I think it is working well here with those leading lines of the clouds and the rock outcropping in the lower part of the image. I like how you left the tree on the left in to balance (pun intended) the composition with the rockface on the right.

The hue in the clouds looks unnatural to me. Try some color correction.

Mark Hilliard
01-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Very nice job, framing and composition is perfect!

Paul Marcellini
01-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Man thats wide, 14mm on full frame. Agree the comp. is great. If anything clone out the small chopped rocks at the bottom, but thats it.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul

D. Robert Franz
01-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Really like this view of Balanced Rock... A few minor nits all mentioned. Well done!!!!!

Jason Hahn
01-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Placing the strong line in the rock to emerge from the lower right corner was a great comp choice, and I really like how the lines in the rock are mirrored by the lines in the cloud formation. Good example of a image the breaks the "rules" and works well with the centered formation.

Jason

Douglas Bolt
01-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Personally, I like this version better than the vertical, mainly because of the clouds and the overall grouping of lines that seem to focus my attention on the Balanced Rock.

While composing the image, I was careful that the camera was level in both directions to avoid distortion introduced when the lens is tilted upwards. Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject, or am I just trying to justify the purchase of a T&S.