PDA

View Full Version : Abstract-ish!

Riju Bhattacharya
12-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Winter is here...and so are the dewdrops! Here was an attempt to try something slightly different...
There were dewdrops on cobwebs and it was a very foggy morning...so I tried to compose something with the dew, keeping the sky as the background...

D90, 50mm f/1.8, Extension Tubes
1/400s, ISO-1600

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7027/6451587377_4830bff545_b.jpg

Dave Leroy
12-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Lovely image. I really like it. Nice dof, and really nice tones to the water drops. If mine i would add a thin black border around the image to help it stand out a bit more. I am curious about the aperture setting.

Riju Bhattacharya
12-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks a lot Dave! :S3:

My apologies, I forgot to mention the aperture. I had set f/11 on the aperture ring...

Steve Maxson
12-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi Riju and welcome to the Macro forum! All the droplets are very cool and you did a good job of getting them all in the plane of focus. The abstract quality is enhanced because we see very little of the strands of spider web. I like the diagonal flow of the comp that leads our eye from the upper corner down through the frame to ... your signature. In this instance, the relatively large signature and its location are detracting from the image, IMO. I would wish for a smoother background. As presented, it is a mix of faint greenish and pinkish areas. You might consider removing the almost-horizontal web strand about an inch above your signature. You have a good image here and a few tweaks will make it even stronger! :S3:

Arthur Morris
12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
This is so simple that it is superb. Love the web entering exactly from the corner. And the soft light and look.

Mike Landwehr
12-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I really like this image. A beautiful abstract! I love the soft pastel green, and the gradient from LL to UR. The slivers of shadow from the back sides of the droplets provide nice depth to the image. The diagonal is very nice. You may want to remove the dust spot in the upper right quadrant. The large signature is distracting for me.

Ken Childs
12-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Great abstract, Riju! This has a perfect flow from top to bottom and I really like that the web isn't visible. I agree that this would look a lot better without the signature.
The only minor change I would make would be to clone out the black spot on the drop near the middle right (and the dust spot mentioned by Mike). Very well done! :S3:

Please be sure to follow the guidelines for image size. At 900px tall, I had to do some scrolling to see the entire image.

bhavya joshi
12-09-2011, 01:08 AM
I like this One. Simply beautiful abstract... Nice drop patterns Nice macro...Riju..

Jerry van Dijk
12-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi Riju, all strong points of the image have already been described. Although I like the OP very much, I think a square crop from the top would result in a stronger, even more graphic image. Nice work!

OvidiuCavasdan
12-10-2011, 02:10 PM
I like this a lot, very nice! Agree with Steve about BG.