PDA

View Full Version : Stink Bug - studio portrait

Steve Maxson
12-05-2011, 12:28 PM
This is the same species of Stink Bug (Cosmopepla lintneriana) as in my previous post. I thought the colors and textures of the body were interesting. 5D II, MP-E 65 mm, 1/80, f/16, ISO 100, MT24-EX macro twin flash - fired downward through a translucent plastic light tent (I used this setup briefly before I got my lightbox put together), tripod. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Jerry van Dijk
12-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi Steve, I really like these lightbox images! All the focus on the bug, with every detail showing thanks to the great quality of the lens and your spot on exposure. I wish the bug wasn't leaning to the left so much (instruct it to hold still next time :t3), and that the red edges on the left and right as well as the tips of the antennae would have been in focus. Despite that, I can't stop looking at it!

Arthur Morris
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Too good and no REFLs! Love the colors and details. And the perspective. Losing the one tiny white circle upper on our left is an option.

Does it need a bit of CW rotation (based on the eyes) or does it have its head cocked???

Dave Leroy
12-05-2011, 11:25 PM
It is quite amazing the amount of intricate detail there is on these little critters. Lovely image Steve and very well done. I like the nice head on pose as well as how the front legs seem to be pushing the body one way while the body is leaning the other.

Steve Maxson
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the comments Jerry, Artie, and Dave!

Artie - I'm surprised that I missed the little white spot - it will be an easy fix. The bug's head and body have a definite tilt to our left while the legs and antennae are close to level. I guess it just didn't feel like exhibiting good posture that day. :S3:

Arthur Morris
12-06-2011, 05:39 PM
I am thinking that the little bugger was drunk!

OvidiuCavasdan
12-10-2011, 02:04 PM
I like the pose, the details are amazing and very nice colors. Looks good on white. Very nice one!