PDA

View Full Version : MALACHITE KINGFISHER | Lake Naivasha

RakeshDhareshwar
12-05-2011, 01:24 AM
This was shot from a boat at Lake Naivasha . The boatman was not so experienced , and so he took us so close to this one ....this was the last shot , before the distance was within MFD .:e3

Camera : Canon 1D Mk III
Lens : 600mm f4 IS
Shutters : 1/640
Aperture : f 8
Speed : ISO 1250

Cheers,
Rakesh

Stu Bowie
12-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Rakesh, the colours look spot on, and stand out nicely against the lighter BG. Overall, nice and sharp, and I like how his beak follows the line of the perch. With all your glass and coming in close has rendered the Malachite being too large in the frame. A greart capture none the less.

Chuck Fritsch
12-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Great colors and detail. The top edge of the perch might look better if it were toned down a bit.

Daniel Cadieux
12-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Nice colours here and great view of this tiny fella. Good details on the body but to me the eye seems soft. I would also have preferred a bit better HA towards us, and would tone down the brightest areas of the perch.

Our KFs here are very timid...most of us would love the predicament of being too close to one!!:S3:

Dan Busby
12-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Beautiful bird and beautifully captured Rakesh. I think the right half of the perch could be toned down.

Jonathan Ashton
12-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Lovely shot, a little large in the frame for me, I would also lower the brightness as well as deal with some of the particularly bright areas in the perch.

Arthur Morris
12-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Well done as noted above. The problem here is the the direction of the light--from the left and bright. That said you did a great job evening out the exposure. I would like to see the eye a bit lighter and a bit sharper (the latter as suggested by Daniel).

RakeshDhareshwar
12-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Did the suggested changes on FS Viewer . Toned down the perch a bit and sharpened and lightened the eye . Hope this one works . Will try the same on PS when I go back home in the evening . Thanx for the lovely suggestions .

Arthur Morris
12-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Much better on the face. What did I do? Do you like my changes?

RakeshDhareshwar
12-07-2011, 02:07 AM
Thanx for the repost , Artie . You've cleaned the poop below the bird on the perch and the eye looks much better in your version !!!

Arthur Morris
12-07-2011, 06:13 AM
YAW. I did not touch the eye :). I did a lot of work on the reflections off the feathers on the back (a result of the light being from the left...).

RakeshDhareshwar
12-08-2011, 10:34 PM
:) The perils of seeing the image on an uncalibrated monitor . I got to see it on my callibated monitor just now and there is a huge change in the colours . Brilliant . From now on , I have to think twice when I comment on any image from my office desk esp wrt colour !!