12-04-2011, 10:57 AM
40D, EF 100mm F2.8 Macro
F25
1,3 sec
ISO 400
Manual mode, tripod, full frame

Dennis Bishop
12-04-2011, 11:27 AM
I really like the strong diagonal, the curves, and the range of wonderful brown tones. This is really quite extraordinary. I wish the two stems didn't diverge at the bottom left, but that might be a personal preference thing.

Julie Kenward
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Ovidiu, I am in love with this image! I saved several fall leaves and will definitely be giving this a try! Gosh the detail in this is stunning and with the monochromatic look to the leaves your eye really picks up the patterns and textures. Super!

Steve Maxson
12-05-2011, 12:09 PM
You really have a nice series going with these fall leaf photos, Ovidiu! I love the soft side lighting that brings out all the textures in the leaves. Also, great colors, sharpness, and comp. This is outstanding! :cheers:

Jerry van Dijk
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi Ovidiu, most compliments already given by the others. Additionally, I like the 3D feel of this one compared to your other images from the series. Well done!

Arthur Morris
12-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Ovidiu, You have a wonderful eye for composition and a knack for making technically perfect images. Did you arrange the leaves?

Dave Leroy
12-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Another lovely photo. I really like the feel of the photo. The brittle look of the leaves and textures come through very well. The subtle shadows add to the depth of the arrangement as well.

OvidiuCavasdan
12-06-2011, 02:21 AM
Did you arrange the leaves?
Yes, I did. Shoot these sunday, the wheather was quite bad, heavy clouds, low light, lot of wind and some rain. Went out in the park picked up some leaves and tried different compositions using them. Shot these inside using two light sources.

Thank you all for comments.

Anita Bower
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Gorgeous detail and lighting and color. Wonderful macro.

Ken Childs
12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Ovidiu, I've said this before but I HAVE to say it again, you have an amazing talent for taking simple subjects and turning them into something special! This is wonderful! The arrangement of the leaves and the lighting couldn't be any better! :cheers:

Arthur Morris
12-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes, I did. Shoot these sunday, the wheather was quite bad, heavy clouds, low light, lot of wind and some rain. Went out in the park picked up some leaves and tried different compositions using them. Shot these inside using two light sources.

Thank you all for comments.

With fantastic results!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-12-2011, 06:57 AM
This is great. Perfect dof amazing detail and light

Brendan Dozier
12-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Another awesome composition, Ovidiu. Love the light, color, detail, and the subtle of shadow to give some depth. Well done!

Doug Zoern
01-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Ovidiu
I love this image. I'm constantly drawn back to look at it again.

I just started reading a book on natural design which made reference to Piet Mondrian so I looked up his work.
When I saw this image I recognized aspects of his work. What serendipity to find this wonderful example
just after reading about his work, it really brings the concept home.