PDA

View Full Version : More From the Wave

Michael Pancier
04-06-2008, 08:23 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3224/2391742119_18742b3fb0_o.jpg

Having the Panasonic Lumix is such a treat especially when you have a backpack with all your stuff and you see a scene and don't have the time to set up the rig. Such is what happened here.

The sky was bland so I did a B&W conversion using Nik Software and I toned it with Exposure Software.

You can see from the layers of sandstone how fragile they are and hence why the BLM only allows 20 permits per day.

Robert Amoruso
04-06-2008, 11:07 AM
You presented a nice perspective here with the leading lines in the FG leading to the arcing ones in the BG. Not sure how I feel about the person. I necessarily don't have a problem with humans being in an image it is just here I don't see the reason.

Roman Kurywczak
04-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi Michael,
The texture and compsitional lines are all super! I think the big problem with the person in the picture........is that they are going out of the picture into nowhere. Other direction would have been preferred ...........if at all since , unlike your other guide post, the person doesn't really add to the comp in this one!
Roman

Michael Pancier
04-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Cloning time ...:cool:

Alfred Forns
04-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Mike if you had the person looking into the frame it could have worked but have to agree he is sort of isolated !!!!

I like the lighter side of the image but would like some smoother tonality on the left darker side Towards the top it goes to Dmax Have been playing around with B&W lately with LR It does seem to give you excellent conversion !!!!

Robert Amoruso
04-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Mike if you had the person looking into the frame it could have worked but have to agree he is sort of isolated !!!!

I like the lighter side of the image but would like some smoother tonality on the left darker side Towards the top it goes to Dmax Have been playing around with B&W lately with LR It does seem to give you excellent conversion !!!!

Good point on the upper left. I was thinking about that but never mentioned it. I will have to try LR for a B&W conversion.