PDA

View Full Version : Spoonie Blur

Cheryl Slechta
12-03-2011, 03:34 PM
I thought this spoonie flying home to roost had a peaceful feel to it. I used a levels adjustment, Nik Tonal Contrast and Topaz Simplify.
f/32, 1/20sec, ISO 640 (I forgot to change it:S3:).

Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Dennis Bishop
12-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Nicely composed. I like the blurred foreground and the pink/rose & green together.

I've sometimes wished -- especially after forgetting to set the ISO back -- that we could enter defaults for at least some settings so they'd be in place when the camera is turned on. It shouldn't really be that difficult. (Do you suppose someone from the camera companies monitors our comments to pick up tidbits like that?)

denise ippolito
12-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Cheryl, I like this but if it was mine I might crop the green out. I know I'm going against the grain but it really keeps me from looking at the Spoonie. Nice looking blur.:S3:

Dennis, I have been wanting a similar feature for years. I would like a separate setting always available to me on my camera with just one click-I would call it blur mode!

Judy Howle
12-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Cheryl, I like this but if it was mine I might crop the green out. I know I'm going against the grain but it really keeps me from looking at the Spoonie. Nice looking blur.:S3:

Dennis, I have been wanting a similar feature for years. I would like a separate setting always available to me on my camera with just one click-I would call it blur mode!

You can set up one of the custom settings on the dial unless you have already used them for something else. I have one set up for HDR on my 5D 2 and 7D.

Judy Howle
12-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Very nicely blurred Cheryl, and I like the comp with the green showing as I think it adds interest and perspective to the image.

Dennis Bishop
12-04-2011, 11:01 AM
You can set up one of the custom settings on the dial unless you have already used them for something else. I have one set up for HDR on my 5D 2 and 7D.

Thanks, Judy. If I understand the manual correctly, however, I can't do what I'd like in that regard on my Nikon. It'll allow me to set the increments between ISO settings, but I can't set the ISO setting, itself, for example.

denise ippolito
12-04-2011, 11:09 AM

Judy, but I don't have either of those cameras :S3:

James Shadle
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
At 1/20 of a second you nailed the panning of the spoonie.
IMO the image would be even stronger without the green or with more green. My preference would be more green.
Thanks,
James