PDA

View Full Version : Abstract-Crazy Hummer over Drucken Chicken

Gus Hallgren
12-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi Folks

Bit crazy or Big crazy, however, there is a Broaddbill humming bird flying over an abstract drunken chicken.

Too much Guiness

It was a fun project, or should I say, "Nutty project

I'll let you be the judge

Comments welcome and always appreciated

Gus aka Muey loco painter

Gus Hallgren
12-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Drunken chicken - Gina read about shoving an opened can of Guiness up a buttered chicken's backside and baking it in the oven - Great idea, However, what a mess, had to turn on the stove fans, the overhead fans, and me bawling my eyes out!! Oven a mess, with chicken reeling over & demanding to be removed at once . . .

However, it was the most delicious baked chicken we had ever had - Ono, as they say in Hawaii'

Gina aka The Mad Cook :eek3:

Maureen Allen
12-02-2011, 10:05 PM
You can really make me laugh, Gus. Looks like a pretty ugly way to cook a chicken!

I love the abstract, with the bright and happy colors and the fact that you can still make out the hummer.

Jay Sheinfield
12-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Gus, this is outrageous, and I like it. I took me a bit to see the Hummer. The swirls and liquefied details are very interesting. Very creative.

Steve Adkins
12-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Looks delicious, Gus! Sort of has a Southwestern flavor. Wonderful abstract. I'm glad I could make out the hummer's eye. :w3

Gus Hallgren
12-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Hi Folks;

Thanks for looking & all your kind words. Very much appreciated.

Here's the other partner in the drunken spree.

Keep smiling :S3:

Gus

BTW: Been over 3 weeks setting up my new laptop. With 3 externals harboing some of my old programs I could only find 1 Topaz program.
Visited Topaz website, had a link" click for license". I entered my email address, and in a blink of an eye I received an email from them with 5
license numbers, went to their download page, dowloaded the 5 matching programs, and now have the plugins in both 32 bit & 64 bit versions
of CS5.

denise ippolito
12-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Amazing! Both the abstract and YOU!! I think you created a wonderful abstract full of interest. I had to really look for the hummer!:S3:

Mitch Carucci
12-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Gus,

I was skeptical about "beer can" chicken until I read about it in Cooks Magazine. They tried it, and their taste testers thought it was better than other methods of roasting chickens that they compared it to. They then thought that it was just due to the moisture supplied by the beer, so they tried other liquids (wine, water, ect.). In each case, the beer was deemed better. There is something to this way of roasting chicken. For aesthetic reasons, I have replaced the beer can with a similar sized ceramic mug, and it works just as well.

Mitch

Gus Hallgren
12-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Hi Mitch;

Thanks for your experience doing drunken chicken, I like the idea of the mug for appearance.

Our experience was hilarious. First the smoke was so strong I couldn't stop choking until we
opened both the front & back doors, turned on the stove fan to high then all the ceiling fans,
also turned off the 2 pots simmering with veggies as they suddenly went to high.

The roasted chicken was the best we had ever eaten, though Gina didn't appreciate cleaning the
oven 3X. Think we have a built in cleaner that we have never used.

We wondered if the year old can of Guiness combined with the butter slathered over the chicken
could have been the cause of the mess?

Great experience and 2 days of great roast chicken.

Life is beautiful

Gus