PDA

View Full Version : Red-knobbed Coot (low angle)

Victor Soares
04-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Really enjoyed getting on my belly for these shots, and I managed to get quite a few of this guy who was building a nest (but wasn't too eager - 2 sticks in 2 hours :D). I really like the perspective created by the angles here so I think I am going to persist with these from now on, whenever I can.

All comments will be greatly appreciated !!

Arthur Morris
04-06-2008, 05:32 AM
Great bird. Fabulous image. Pefect head angle and great stick angles! You might try selectively sharpening and lightening the face and eye a bit and redusing the RED SAT 8-10 points. All in all I love this one.

later and love, artie

Gyorgy Szimuly
04-06-2008, 06:15 AM
Very nice capture. Rarely seen such a nice shot of this species.
I might consider to crop a bit from the bottom and the right side but anyway a nice image as posted.

Szimi

Axel Hildebrandt
04-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Great image, Victor. I like the angle, light, smooth water and details. I agree that desaturating the reds a few points might make it even better. A slightly tighter crop might also work, but I like it as is.

Maxis Gamez
04-06-2008, 07:04 AM
This is lovely, excellent pose and head angle. The low angle and light are terrific.

Daniel Cadieux
04-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Very nice photo you present us here. I feel bad saying this, but I find the repeated reflection a bit distracting (especially the bill part). Still very pleasing, I like it alot :-)

Stephen Earle
04-06-2008, 02:42 PM
I like the angle here Vic. Superb exposure but I'll put up my hand for a slightly tighter crop.

Victor Soares
04-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Thanks everyone for the great comments and for taking the time to have a look.