PDA

View Full Version : Country Church

Jay Sheinfield
12-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Another image from the Missouri back roads. I started with a base layer of Simplify, a reduced opacity layer of Tonal Contrast. I then tried Nik's Polaroid transfer and reduced opacity to taste, the tear-out option gave some interesting blacks to the image. Finally just a hint of NIKs Sunshine filter for some pop. Comments, please....................

Mitch Carucci
12-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Really nice processing. It has a lovely soft and glowing feel.

Dennis Bishop
12-01-2011, 04:29 PM
You are really making me believe in the magic of Missouri back roads. Of course, there's more to making a good image than having a good subject, and you've done it. The vegetation in the foreground gives a great feeling of depth. The branches of the trees in the upper left curve toward the church. There are strong diagonals in the lower half of the image. That Polaroid preset is a good one for some images, and you used it well, here. Very nice processing.

Steve Adkins
12-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I really enjoy the way you processed this, Jay. Wonderful subject and mood.

denise ippolito
12-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Soft and dreamy with just the right pop! Nice scene and the buildings are interesting, I may have suggested a little off the bottom to clean up the lower edge but I really like the diagonal coming out of the left corner.:S3:

John Storjohann
12-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Jay, your processing technique(s) continue to impress...the image isn't 1/2 bad either :w3! I love the lines...the splashes of color in the foliage in the foreground...the wonderful sense of depth...the way the wooden cross stands out against the background (I would probably paint the background just a bit darker directly behind the cross to give it even greater contrast)...wonderful, wonderful image.

Maureen Allen
12-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Beautiful processing, Jay. I love the foreground lines and the inclusion of what I assume are outhouses in the back. The stovepipe and cross make this really special. Great find!

Jay Sheinfield
12-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone.

Denise, I will clean up the dark stuff in LLC.

Maureen, Thanks. I assumed they were out houses, but I just didn't have the nerve (or stomach) to take a peek. As it was, I was technically trespassing. :eek3:

John, good tip on the cross.

Cheryl Slechta
12-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Jay, this is so beautifully done. I love the combination of filtering and think the Polaroid transfer really added to the image. Yep, looks like outhouses to me:S3:

Nancy Bell
12-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Very creative and very effective processing. Since I am looking at this on a laptop with a smallish screen, I only saw the top half at first. I think cropping the bottom half and presenting as a pano is another possibility. I think the black in the background trees is very effective and adds to both the mood and depth.