PDA

View Full Version : Coming at You

Oscar Zangroniz
04-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Shot this morning at Wakodahatchee. Tried to play a little in CS3, but can not seem to darken under the wing. I did crop a little bit from the right side.
Nikon D200
Sigma 50-500mm
Focal length: 450mm
Fstop:F9
Shutter: 1/250
Iso:400
Exposure Comp:-2/3

Any suggestions as to how to darken the under wing?
As always, thank you for your comments and critiques.

Alfred Forns
04-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Hi Oscar I think we got the exact same image !!!!! I had the same problem The sun is sightly from the right and in your case more since you were left of my position Basically nothing you can do to tame the contrast range.

Also the face is not sharp Mine was not sharp either. The most difficult AF situation for cameras are objects flying straight in I think this one should join the ones I took !!!! :D:):)

Harold Davis
04-06-2008, 12:28 PM
i have an answer to your question!! i dont know if you have it but i know al does. viveza!! you can put a control point on that hot spot and tone it down or totally change it all together. the technique i use is, i put a control point on an area that i want to transfer to the blown area. the program remembers the color and has it in a bank of recently used colors. then i put another control point on the blown area and just change the color to the last color in the memory bank. then you have a 9 point adjustment that you can use to dial it all in.

viveza is the same thing as the color control points in capture nx. it is a very powerful tool.

Nonda Surratt
04-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Yep head on is tough, good try tho'.

Gus Cobos
04-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Very nice shot Oscar, it is a difficult angle. Hey next one will be a charm...:D