PDA

View Full Version : American Pipit

Robert Holguin
11-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Hello everyone. This guys have been coming in great abundance. Real nice looking birds IMO. Here is a shot of one that was friendly. Hope you enjoy.
C&C welcomed and encouraged.
Camera - Nikon 300s, Lense - Nikon 200-400 w/1.4tc, Exposure - 1/1000, Aperture - F8, ISO - 400, Metering - Center weighted, Manual.

Stu Bowie
11-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Robert, super low angle, and I like the inquisitive pose. I find the OOF diagonal line LRC a bit distracting, so having shot from a slightly higher angle may have been better. I also feel the little guy needs additional sharpening.

Grace Scalzo
11-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I like the habitat that he's standing in. For my taste the image is a bit too centered, and easy fix with a small trim from the left. My daughter just moved to San Antonio, so I am looking forward to getting to know your fine state and its avian residents when I visit her (or at least parts of it...it is so huge)

Daniel Cadieux
11-28-2011, 12:08 PM
I agree that these guys are a beautiful bird with a perfect "classic" bird shape. Nice low angle and love the vegetation surrounding it. I agree with Stuart about the FG line in LRC and I feel the comp would actually work well as a square crop by taking some off the top.

Randy Stout
11-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Robert:

Good advice from the folks above. I do agree about a crop down form the top. Well exposed.

The outline of the head looks just a bit cutout to my taste. I try to be really careful with my sharpening not to work the transition between the subject and background for fear of getting the cut out look.

No one else was bothered, so probably just me.

Cheers

Randy