PDA

View Full Version : sensual tulip

Grahame Hamblin
11-27-2011, 03:45 AM
Not great but liked the shape. D300 100mm macro i think at f 2.8 did a little sharpen and darkened flower tip Have not posted for a while so thought i should.
Grahame

Dennis Bishop
11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
This was a good capture. The edge of the middle leaf being tangent to the bud makes a nice, smooth curve.

Dave Leroy
11-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Good eye to see the shape and subject. Well done. I am not sure if a slight move left would have cleaned up the bg a little or not but getting away at least from the top bright bg would have been nice.

Looking forward to more.

Steve Maxson
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi Grahame. Nice clean lines on the plant and I like the slight diagonal of the bud. The tall, narrow comp also works well with this subject. There is an odd mix of sharpness and blur in the background - particularly in the lower left half of the frame. I would suggest some additional pp work there to blur all the sharp edges. :S3:

OvidiuCavasdan
12-02-2011, 01:34 PM
I think the composition works well, might tone down just a tiny bit the whites. Bg looks a bit strange on left side.

Grahame Hamblin
12-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Thank you all for your input will do some work on it You all see things that i don't until pointed out Thanks
Grahame

Ken Childs
12-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi Grahame,

This one has been covered pretty well but I'll add that if possible, you might have tried a shot with the center leaf held out of the way. I don't know what's behind that leaf but moving it out of the way might have given a completely different look to this. Not necessarily better but different. :S3: