PDA

View Full Version : bald cypress landscape

Giovanni Frescura
11-26-2011, 01:28 PM
What you think about ?
No saturation was added .the situation is so ..
About the shot could be interessting and do you think could right do it better ?
Thanks
Canon 70/200 f.4 Canon 7D
1/30
f.11
iso 800

Morkel Erasmus
11-28-2011, 03:33 PM
I quite like the details and colours here. I do feel the scene is very "busy" (often the case with forest images - but it then comes down to choice of framing or choice of crop :w3).

Here is a crop suggestion - use the branches at the top for a "frame" and do some slight counter clockwise rotation. In this repost I did that and I also adjusted the colours to reflect a bit less cyan, blue and magenta...
Lastly I added some local contrast enhancement.

Rachel Hollander
11-28-2011, 08:04 PM
I also feel it is a bit too busy, although Morkel's repost is an improvement. It also doesn't look sharp to me but that may be a function of how busy it is. The tree roots look interesting. If you have a chance to go back, I would try some low shots concentrating on the roots.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
11-28-2011, 09:22 PM
I woould crop even more. Problem here is too much going on visually. It is best to refine the composition to include less and concentrate on details.

In repost I did:

Highlight selection:

1) Channels palette.
2) Ctrl key and click the RGB channel. Photoshop will now create a feathered selection around highlight pixels in the image. Photoshop has selected pixels based on how bright they are. Pure white pixels are selected 100%. Pure black pixels are not selected and pixels falling in-between those two extremes are selected based on a percentage of how close they are to white.

Blending Mode Adjustment:

1) Go back to layer palette - you will see selection.
2) Create BG copy.
3) Create mask on the BG copy from the selection.
4) Selection is grayscale shaded.
5) Change blending mode to Multiply.
6) Adjust opacity. I used 50%

Sharpened.

Giovanni Frescura
11-29-2011, 02:06 AM
Robert thanks a lot.....you give me a lot of tips

Robert Amoruso
11-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Robert thanks a lot.....you give me a lot of tips

You are welcome Giovanni.

Andrew McLachlan
12-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Hi Giovanni, late to the party, but I like Robert's post and improvements best. It is a very interesting scene.