Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS @ 50mm
Av mode
1/50"
F8
ISO 400
HH
CS5

Cropped, polarizing action, contrast, high-pass sharpening, light vignette over all but red leaf.

Dennis Bishop
11-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Nice job with this, Ken. It's another example that the best of Fall color isn't always on the trees. This is well-composed, and you did a great job helping the red leaf (pin oak?) to stand out from all the other interesting ones in the background. The grayish ones (white oak?) are not only interesting in their own right, but they contrast very nicely with the red one.

OvidiuCavasdan
11-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Very nice mix of colors, the main leaf stands out well, good sharpness and dof.

Ravi Hirekatur
11-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Nice mix of diferent colored leaves. I like the placement of red leaf.

Dave Leroy
11-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Great looking fall photograph Ken. Nice use of that lens. It many ways it makes photography so much more accessible to be able to HH. I really like the composition.

Steve Maxson
11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi Ken. I really like "mini landscape" images like this! The exposure is right on, everything is sharp, the diagonal of the red leaf helps to lead my eye through the frame, and the red leaf is prominent enough that it makes a good focal point for my eye to keep coming back to. Excellent work! :cheers:

Julie Kenward
11-29-2011, 07:52 PM
I like this as presented, Ken...the only thing that was bothering me about it was the light brown leaves in the URC - they kept catching my eye and dragging it out of the frame. What I like best is the deep orange/browns against the deep blues and purples. Nice contradiction of colors!

I cropped in a bit and added a vignette - gives it a totally different mood and feel and is probably not what you were going for but thought I'd show the change so just others can see what a difference a few small changes can make to one's images.