PDA

View Full Version : into the storm piinkfeet geese

christopher galeski
11-26-2011, 06:34 AM
took this the other day,the sky was magic,and the geese were flying towards it,so I thought I would take a shot,it came out ok,but I wanted to play about with it,and make the sky more angry,and add some texture,used curves,and a bit of levels,cannon 7D,400mm prime lens,hand held,1/2000.f6/3,iso800.comments good or bad welcome.thanks.

denise ippolito
11-26-2011, 07:16 AM
Christopher, This does have an angry sky look to it:S3:. I like the string of geese though they are tightly compact. I think the slight noise looks ok and adds some texture to the image. Well seen.

Dennis Bishop
11-26-2011, 10:54 AM
I really like dramatic skies, and the geese add even more interest. I'd be tempted to lighten the upper right corner a tiny bit. Also, my eye is repeatedly drawn to the black line where the density of the geese is so high, so I'd lighten that portion of the V a bit, too. This is one of those cases where noise is probably a plus. It adds to the mood you've captured.

Indranil Sircar
11-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Christopher, well seen and composed!! I too like those ominous clouds. Dennis has some good suggestions on lightening up some of the areas. My personal preference is to reduce color noise but leave a bit noise grain. I may also run a round of usm on the final web version. TFS.

christopher galeski
11-27-2011, 01:19 AM
thankyou for your suggestions,and commenting on this image.:cheers:

Cheryl Slechta
11-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Christopher, this has a very dramatic look to it and the geese flying into the dark sky makes it even more ominous. I think I agree with Indranil about the color noise. Nice job:S3: