PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Sunride

Mitch Carucci
11-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Remask & simplify.

Brendan Dozier
11-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Wow, Mitch, this is really, really good! Beautiful comp and filtering works great! Well done! :cheers:

Dennis Bishop
11-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Remask & simplify.

Remask because the geese are from another image???

Mitch Carucci
11-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Dennis,

I was passing through Maryland last week (lots of rain!) , and that is where the farmhouse was. Even though there were many geese there also, the geese used in this pic were taken this morning on Long Island, NY.

Thanks for looking!

M.

Mitch Carucci
11-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Brendan,

Thanks for your kind comments!

Do you think I should tone down the geese a bit? Looking at it online (instead of the print) do they seem a bit to bright???

Mitch

Gus Hallgren
11-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi Mitch;

I like your super composition as is. You did a great job of remasking the Geese, I have tried it many times with no success.

Beautiful post

TFS

Gus

Steve Adkins
11-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Beautiful post, Mitch. That house looks as if it was quite grand at one time. I could see you toning down the greens and pink on three of the geese, but it all depends on your preferences. I like it as posted. :S3:

Brendan Dozier
11-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Mitch, yes, I do think you could tone down the white, pinks and blues in the tails of some of the geese a bit.

Dennis Bishop
11-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Dennis,

I was passing through Maryland last week (lots of rain!) , and that is where the farmhouse was. Even though there were many geese there also, the geese used in this pic were taken this morning on Long Island, NY.

Thanks for looking!

M.

Individually, I like the two images. Especially the sunrise at the old house with those scraggly trees. Compositing the two was a great idea. I think, though, when doing a composite it's important to make sure the lighting is consistent. The sun is very low in the sky and, probably, off to the left. The geese were light by a bright sun from above. I darkened the upper parts of the geese, particularly the upper wing surfaces. Also, I lightened the lower parts of the bodies and undersurfaces of some of the wings with that peach color near the largest tree. Then, I ran it through Simplify, again, and masked it to reveal just the geese.

denise ippolito
11-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Mitch, You really do use the remask program well! I love the scene with the old house and tree. The sky colors are gorgeous. I think that the folks above made some great suggestions, I might trim a bit of the grass off the bottom if it were mine. Great job!!!

Andrew McLachlan
11-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Very nice work Mitch. I favor more of a pano crop for this one with about half of the grass cropped off, but that's just me. Well done! :S3:

Julie Kenward
11-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Lovely processing, Mitch! The colors and the placement of the geese in the frame are really strong. I feel like they totally belong there.

Mitch Carucci
11-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Dennis,

Thanks for all the work you did. I think your changes are strong.
This is still a work in progress, and I appreciate your suggestions!

Mitch

Mitch Carucci
11-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks Andrew. I think you are right about the grass... I was to taken by the great patch of green, but should have cropped some of it. I went in another direction completely, and used "Flood" instead.

Mitch Carucci
11-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks Brendan, Dennis, Gus, Steve, Denise, Andrew and Julie!