PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see as BPN features / content.

James Shadle
11-24-2011, 10:26 PM
We are always looking at ways to make your BPN experience more effective and enjoyable.
Please select up to four items from our poll and help us continue to improve.

Feel free to write in any other suggestions.

Gregor Bergquist
11-28-2011, 04:11 PM
I would like a possibility to post series of photos. It should make it easier to tell a story in pictures, and many times average images is much more in a serie.

I also think your limit 250 kb is a tad small.

Harshad Barve
11-29-2011, 08:07 PM
I would like a possibility to post series of photos. It should make it easier to tell a story in pictures, and many times average images is much more in a serie.

Plus one here

Marc Mol
11-29-2011, 10:28 PM

Plus two!

Ian McHenry
11-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Looks like this makes my support Plus 3.
I seem to recall something planned about a year and a half ago !!!!
Could be a tighter limit on multi posts to start.Eg say once a month.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Dennis Bishop
12-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I'd like to see the counting of views for a thread changed to show only the number of different people who have viewed it. And don't count the person who started the thread. Of course, I'm assuming that each and every visit is now counted. That's based on the fact that I'm counted when I post an image. I know that many of us revisit an image a number of times to see what comments are left by others. It doesn't seem like that should increase the view tally.

James Shadle
12-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Gregor, Harshad, Marc, Ian
For now 250kb per image is max. We started at 150, then went to 200 and last month 250. We will see what the future holds:w3.

I will work on a multiple image post. How would you use such a feature?

Dennis,
I agree, that's why we have the no "bumping" guideline. I don't know if our software will allow us to do that.
We'll take a look an see.

Ian McHenry
12-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi James
Just off the top of my head sequences of birds taking off & landing could lead to improvement of members images thro' constructive comments. (e.g.panning technique to maximise the number of quality images)

Harshad Barve
12-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I will work on a multiple image post. How would you use such a feature?

May be something like THIS

(http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/55732-In-the-Tigerland-2?highlight=jewel+of+jungles)

Ian McHenry
12-06-2011, 11:39 PM
An illustrated "nature feature story" like Harshad's fine Tigerland story would get a thumbs up from me.

Doug Schurman
12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
There's a thread in the workflow forum going on right now that if it works out that way I hope I would like to see more of.

Basically, a person has posted a raw file and wants to see how others would do their post processing. I hope that several people will post a processed image along with the steps the followed to do it. I think it will be highly educational.

the thread link is
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/92460-Processing-RAW-images?p=748670#post748670

Daniel Cadieux
12-07-2011, 05:18 PM
There's a thread in the workflow forum going on right now that if it works out that way I hope I would like to see more of.

Basically, a person has posted a raw file and wants to see how others would do their post processing. I hope that several people will post a processed image along with the steps the followed to do it. I think it will be highly educational.

the thread link is
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/92460-Processing-RAW-images?p=748670#post748670

I just processed Simon's raw file from that link, which I will post later, and I must say that this is highly educational and that would be an awesome feature to have! It could be a dedicated subforum in the workflow forum where one raw file per week is made available for processing as a learning tool (just tossing ideas out there...). I'm sure many would love to participate in such an exercise.

James Shadle
12-07-2011, 08:34 PM

the thread link is

This is something I have wanted to do in the past but was unable due to logistics.
Our crack staff now has their collective thinking caps on efforting a way to do it.

Brendan Dozier
12-19-2011, 09:54 PM
I agree, the RAW file processing exercise is a great idea!

Also, agree with Harshad. Photographers telling their stories of adventure, triumph, disaster, humor etc with one or more pictures.

Roger Clark
12-19-2011, 10:19 PM
I agree, the RAW file processing exercise is a great idea!

Brendan,

We'll do it again. I'm thinking once a month to start but open to suggestions. The question is how to choose the image?

Roger

Tom Graham
12-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Posting series of photos is for me not really what photography is about. One photo making a strong clear statement. Most series are just lot of boring photos that hopefully add up to something. That is why God gave us film/video. But maybe series photos ok if in -seperate- forum. FWIW, that some other sites allow series photos is the exact reason I do not visit there.
Tom

Brendan Dozier
12-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Posting series of photos is for me not really what photography is about. One photo making a strong clear statement. Most series are just lot of boring photos that hopefully add up to something. That is why God gave us film/video. But maybe series photos ok if in -seperate- forum. FWIW, that some other sites allow series photos is the exact reason I do not visit there.
Tom

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, kind of revamp the Frame Image with Words Forum, maybe revamp it some, so people don't think it's only for poems. Perhaps a whole new forum. Photographers that want to share their stories of adventure with an image, perhaps multiple images ( but maybe keep a limit on the number), and get feedback on both image and writing. I enjoy reading brief anecdotes in the other image critique forums, but having a separate forum for those wanting to share a more in-depth story would be helpful. Can't hurt to give it a try, and if some entertaining stories are posted it might start to catch on.

Fred Canter
12-20-2011, 09:39 PM
I like the idea of a place to tell the stories behind an image or images.

What I'd also like to see is more development of the Avian: ID Reference Gallery. With the membership available on this forum I would think this could be a major resource for everyone, if it was more populated.