PDA

View Full Version : Walking on water

Randy Rimland
11-24-2011, 11:46 AM
D200 + 300/4 + 1.4TC
f/4.5, 1/3200, iso200

Shot at Viera Wetlands, Florida, 2007

alot of PP work (extended the canvas and clone) on the left to get rid of a drainage pipe...i'm especially interested in if this looks natural

http://www.carolina-sportsphotography.com/photos/i-Srjshm9/0/XL/i-Srjshm9-XL.jpg

Daniel Cadieux
11-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Good action and pose, love the raised foot and flying water drops. Prey item is a nice bonus. Sounds like you did alot of PP work, but just a bit more is required to polish off the residual clone marks that a still evident in lower left corner. I would also eliminate the dark spots in the BG.

Randy Rimland
11-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Good action and pose, love the raised foot and flying water drops. Prey item is a nice bonus. Sounds like you did alot of PP work, but just a bit more is required to polish off the residual clone marks that a still evident in lower left corner. I would also eliminate the dark spots in the BG.

thx, i missed those....i don't care about the dark spots in the bg as much as i did the pipe but i will nail those as well

Randy Stout
11-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Randy:

Well covered by Daniel. Clean up the cloning marks, and at least remove the dark spots closest to the head.

Because of how the bird is posed, you could easily crop down a smidge from the top. The slightly more horizontal framing goes well with his movement direction.

Cheers

Randy