PDA

View Full Version : Another black-bellied plover on rock

allanrube
11-24-2011, 10:05 AM
I took this shot at the end of last month. I think I am about done shooting shorebirds for the season. Oh, I will check the rocks hoping for purple sandpipers, but I won't go out expecting to shoot shorebirds.

D300s with 600 mm and 1.4tc; 1/800 at f/6.3 iso 250

Mital Patel
11-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Allan surely a beautiful image. The Lighting and perch seems quite interesting having that look at you pose is awesome.
The only thing i notice and care is the kind of GLOW around the bird developed. and those heavy dark patches on right in bg.

my experience if you did blur on bg i would say giving HIGH NR would give you better results than blur.

Daniel Cadieux
11-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Great pose and setting. Perfect HA. Love the perch, and apart from the very brightest white area on the plover the exposure looks great. I can't say that I see any glow around the subject, but I agree some of the dark spots could be tamed or eliminated. I'd be tempted to crop a bit from the top.

I'm in the same boat as you as far as shorebird season....oh well, less than a year to go before the beginning of the next one!:S3:

Stu Bowie
11-24-2011, 12:57 PM
You guys are complaining that you wont be seeing shorebirds for another year - I live 600km from the nearest sea. :w3 Allan super pose and HA, and with a slightly lazy leg. The plover is nice and sharp, and I do like your OOF BG. Well captured.