PDA

View Full Version : Wild Turkey

Karl Egressy
11-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.
I was way too close and had no shorter lens with me.
I had to add canvas to the top and front using content aware.
The funniest thing was that I took this shot at Point Pelee where you go to shoot Warblers.
Thanks for looking.

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Tv 1/60
Av 6.3
ISO 640
EF500mm f/4L IS USM

Robert Holguin
11-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Real nice shot. Great detail, and very wonderful colors on the turkey.
Well done.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Stu Bowie
11-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Karl, lots to look at here. Interesting body shape, an array of colours, and I like the fanned tail. Good low angle of capture too.

Angad Achappa
11-24-2011, 01:53 AM
Love the low angle, and the colors on this bird are just wow!! :S3: I think you've left out some tiny lines(extreme top) where the white canvas is still showing.

Jonathan Ashton
11-24-2011, 04:24 AM
Lovely shot he really is a colour full bird. You have my sympathy using content aware, getting the edges to match and not stretching the twigs and leaves etc is not easy. I had similar problems with a kestrel recently. I think the best way to disguise the join is with some painstaking cloning.

gail bisson
11-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi Karl,
Critical focus seems to be on the wings and not the head, which I find a bit soft. Great fan tail and I like the light on the feathers,
Gail

Dave Leroy
11-24-2011, 09:33 AM
A majestic looking bird and lovely pose. Good for you to get the shot.

Karl Egressy
11-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks Gail.
Critical focus of course was on the body. When you have the bird barely fit in the frame and you shoot with 1/60s from a car, and the bird moves you take what you get,
and get it very fast. You don't have a chance to move the focus point or to recompose, or you miss it alltogether or you won't fit the bird into the frame.
After all I just used this image to wish Happy Thanksgiving to our American Friends, that's all it is.:bg3:

dankearl
11-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Karl, perfect for the day, thanks for sharing and a great day to you!