PDA

View Full Version : Fract-o-saurus

Andrew McLachlan
11-23-2011, 07:34 PM
A reptile capture from today, shot from the safety of my Subaru, as I observed it foraging alongside the highway. They are not hibernating as of yet as we are still experiencing beautiful, warm weather with no real sign of winter coming anytime soon. Now for the real story. A couple of weeks ago workers were setting this up at the entrance to Canada's Wonderland (amusement park) as they are planning something with Dinosaurs in 2012. I knew I was going to have to fract this the moment I saw it. I waited for a clear blue sky, which we had today, and stopped to shoot several varying frames. ...could you imagine if they actually roamed the Earth today. Yikes!:S3:

Look forward to comments.

Judy Howle
11-23-2011, 10:18 PM
I absolutely love it! Perfect treatment! Did you have to cut off the feet?

Dennis Bishop
11-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Great title, image, and story, Andrew. I sure hope they stay north of the border. You were right about fracting it, and that blue background is a nice touch.

denise ippolito
11-24-2011, 07:20 AM
Andrew, Great job with the fracting. It looks so weird to see such small front feet on such a huge animal. I bet it scares some of the kids!! :S3:

Indranil Sircar
11-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Certainly OOTB and perhaps the first fract-o-saurus... i almost left like being in Terra Nova :w3 Awesome work!

Steve Adkins
11-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Andrew, really cool subject and great frac work! :S3:

Brendan Dozier
11-24-2011, 01:34 PM
This is wild, Andrew! The frac treatment really works well on this subject, and you applied just the right amount. Great OOTB image!

Andrew McLachlan
11-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks folks for the comments...much appreciated.

I did have to cut off the feet due to a chain-link fence that was in the way and a large subdivision behind the subject. I will try some more when the road to Canada's Wonderland is re-opened in the spring. I may be able to capture the feet as well, if shot from the other side of the fence which is only accessible from the entrance road.

Mark Fuge
11-25-2011, 09:22 AM
You sure it was just a model? :e3