PDA

View Full Version : Pink-footed Goose

Paul Lagasi
11-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Posted this just for interest.

I've put my camera away for a while, to get back to birding. This year's been fantastic for rarities, and when I heard about a Pink-footed Goose in Nova Scotia, I had to go.
I thought I could visit family and check off another bird. This image was taken in Windsor, Nova Scotia. Most of the people that stopped by the site couldn't figure out what the fuss was all about. I took this image from about 5oo yards but it was a keeper, pink feet and all. John wished we could have gotten this one together. I also wish I was where you were in Antarctic...lolol.

I missed out on a Greylag Goose (due to work, it always gets in the way) being seen in Montreal but we also have a Fulvous Duck there now so tomorrow I will try to find it...I've seen many but in Canada its way off course.

Brendan Dozier
11-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Congratulations, Paul, nice work, sounds like you are having a lot of fun.

Richard Stern
12-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi Paul,

The Pinkfoot was around for some 2 or 3 weeks, and was very co-operative most of the time. Someone doing a Big Year came up to see it, and it put him at an all time #2 - I don't know if he's reached #1 yet!

Richard

Paul Lagasi
12-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi Richard

Yes the goose showed itself well...the John Vanderpoel who is doing his big year was there, although at the time I really didn't know who he was.
I met him again while we were both searching for a Greylag Goose in Montreal.

Richard this is Johns website http://www.bigyear2011.com/ you can see how he's doing.

Dan Brown
12-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Congrats, Paul! Nice capture and nice #624!