PDA

View Full Version : Reflecting

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-23-2011, 02:22 PM
This was taken in Upper, Michigan 5d markII, 16-35 canon, tripod f/11@2seconds

Jay Gould
11-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Like it a lot! At first glance you question whether it is level; interesting optical illusion. A check with on screen level shows that the far line is level. The leaf in the FG put is over the top for me.

Rachel Hollander
11-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Strong reflection. I also like the fg leaf and the mist at the far end also adds to it. There seems to be a halo around the edges of the trees on the lhs.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
11-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi Dennis

I like the strong reflection and the intense blue. Not sure if the orange is real but it looks too strong to me and steals my attention too much. I think the image would balance better is that was backed off a touch. I also see the halo Rachel refers to...

thanks for showing

DON

Robert Amoruso
11-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Dennis, very well composed. The strong diagonals on the left lead the eye right into the image. I like the leaf but would have liked to have seen more room below it. Likewize the tree in the upper left is a bit tight at the top.

I would agree I am seeing a halo between the tree outline in both the sky and reflection.

Brendan Dozier
11-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Wonderful composition, Dennis. The tree colors, still water reflection, and FG leaf all work together nicely. Good suggestions above.

Andrew McLachlan
11-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi Dennis, great use of the left shoreline to lead us into the scene and across the lake. Agree with a smidge more room on the top and the bottom and the halos.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks everybody for your help and the halos must of accrued for compressing the file as no halos on the tiff file. Thanks again

Roger Clark
11-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Dennis,
Outstanding image! Great composition. Not only do I think the leaf adds a lot to the image, its placement near the bottom is perfect in my opinion and a good example of breaking the rules resulting in a more compelling image.

Roger

Morkel Erasmus
11-30-2011, 03:00 AM
This is a very compelling image, Dennis! Both in terms of composition and colour/mood. :5
I agree on the slight halo...sort that out and this will be in another class...:Whoa!:

Andrew Aveley
11-30-2011, 02:10 PM
besides small processing issues......this is a wow image that has all the lines , colours and mood :):eek3: