PDA

View Full Version : Memories of spring in the north

Dan Busby
11-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Another of the warblers I was able to shoot during a cold and damp spell at Rondeau Provincial Park in southern Ontario last spring. This Magnolia Warbler male, like most of the warblers facing a severe insect food shortage, was in constant motion in search on anything that moved that would fit in its mouth. So photographers and bird watchers were not the most important concern. Light was low but even and at this shutter speed you would be correct if you expect that I have lots of soft shots. But I managed to get my timing right for a few shots. All C&C welcome.
Canon 7D, 500mm f/4L +1.4x, ISO:400, f/6.3@1/80, AP, no exp. comp., AI Servo AF, evaluative metering, Gitzo 3530 with leveling head, Jobu HDII Gimbal, 13May2011

Don Leslie
11-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Nice shot Dan, really like the colour, sharpness, and the nice clean background!

Dave Leroy
11-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Very sharp, lovely pose and as mentioned a very clean bg. I might darken the bg just a tad for a bit more separation for warbler.

gail bisson
11-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Hi Dan,
Very nice little warbler. I like the clean 2 tone BG and the diagonal line created by the branch. Excellent feather detail. I would tone down the bright whites on the branch,
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
11-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Nice one Dan, and with the first snow of the season expected tomorrow up here this gets me longing for the spring!! Good pose at the smae angle as the branch. I would prefer a bit more head turn towards us though, and I agree in toning down the bright parts of the perch. Also a bit more room would be nice. Love the bit of yellow on the back and rump, and the BG looks great to make the warbler's colours pop.

MohsenVahedipour
11-22-2011, 01:24 PM
What a lovely bird. I like neat BG, nice pose & sharpness. Wish for a little more saturated BG. Very well done. TFS