PDA

View Full Version : What big wings you have

Randy Rimland
11-21-2011, 01:34 PM
D300 + 500mm VR handheld
f/8,1/2000,iso500.ev=-.7

Lake Norman NC
(shot from the boat)
http://www.carolina-sportsphotography.com/photos/i-fXQPVnN/0/XL/i-fXQPVnN-XL.jpg

Jeff Cashdollar
11-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Randy,

I am on work monitor and cant' see all the detail but love this shooting angle, just look at the feathers. The picture theme is excellent and shows the beauty of the GBH in full flight. Of course it is tight on the top and bottom edges. There is a thread in the Education Forum on adding canvas to better frame this shot. I like using the boat to get different perspectives and the techs look solid. Just love the wing detail and colors. Might consider adding the canvas and reposting - well done.

Randy Rimland
11-21-2011, 03:11 PM
thanks for the suggestion Jeff, that was a very helpful tutorial

the wing tip was probably too close for a perfect job but i like this vers better

http://www.carolina-sportsphotography.com/photos/i-qJqMsgT/0/XL/i-qJqMsgT-XL.jpg

Jeff Cashdollar
11-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes, yes you got it now!!

Nice repost.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
11-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Randy,

Greetings. Nice feather definition & good job getting most everything in the light. I see a slight halo mostly on the upper wing (the repost leaves a line through it). Good looking repost.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Randy Rimland
11-23-2011, 04:45 AM
Randy,

Greetings. Nice feather definition & good job getting most everything in the light. I see a slight halo mostly on the upper wing (the repost leaves a line through it). Good looking repost.

Cheers,

-Michael-

thanks Michael
I don't see the halo but i def see the line
the wing was touching the frame and I got the line when I extended the canvas
My CS5 skills are minimal as I rarely use it

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
thanks Michael
I don't see the halo but i def see the line
the wing was touching the frame and I got the line when I extended the canvas
My CS5 skills are minimal as I rarely use it

Your right... not a halo, just a subtle difference in background. Sorry, my bad...

Cheers,

-Michael-

Brendan Dozier
11-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Beautiful BIF capture, Randy, and like the POV, wing spread, and nice detail. Repost looks good!