PDA

View Full Version : Greylag Goose

Mital Patel
11-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Greylag Goose (Anser anser)
Gujarat, INDIA

1D MARK IV, 500 F/4, 2x TC
1/320, f/16, ISO640 @ 1000mm

i was set on high aperture because was taking some flock and this chap suddenly took turn that i didnt got chance to reset :)
Also the tones are really blues because of fog in morning on lake and i really liked the way the goose was coming in through the fog.

C&C Much Appreciated.

Daniel Cadieux
11-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Nice low perspective on this incoming goose!! Nice sidelighting that gives a good effect. I like the faint tree in the BG, I'm Ok with the other goose, and I can live with the highlights along the wing (although I'd prefer them not there) but I find the coot distracting. Overall well done!

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-21-2011, 01:05 PM
There always has to be that one coot to mess up such shots, right? nice pose with the landing gear down. loved the fog and the BG. light a little too much from the side for my liking....but nothing you could have done at that moment in the field. nice Comp. and exposure.

Dumay de Boulle
11-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Very nice, you did very well at that SS (Tripod?) Love the colors of the surroundings. Water level looks like t could use a minor CCW rotation...But that might be me being off balance:S3: